Tuesday, August 3, 2010

At the cyber at the moment...

How incredible.

Everything here is fantastic in Ecuador. I´m writing to you from a cyber in the neighborhood of Antonio Jose de Sucre. It´s pretty sweet, although it´s kind of hard having one of these characters (ç) be where the semicolon is supposed to be. I´m in the honeymoon period of my time here, which will hopefully last for a while. It´ll be an interesting time when i hit the culture shock part of my time here. I´m just waiting for it.

My volunteer community is awesome! We were able to hang out with the four former monte sinai volunteers who stayed for a second year. They showed us around our neighborhood and introduced us to the people they knew there so we would have a place to start when we got there. Amy, Tracy, Carolyn and Danny were a tremendous help to all five of us, and i cannot thank them enough. They made my first few visits to Monte Sinai awesome, and i can´t wait to return and continue building up the relationships they´ve made as well as making new ones with new neighbors.

It´s 530 here and we need to get going because some people will be coming to pick us up for dinner at the Arbolito retreat house. I will write in here as soon as i get another chance to, but we´ll be pretty busy for the next two weeks. All my love for all of you, and I hope that the States are going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment